If you want to lay linoleum yourself, you must.
1. Remove all furniture from the room. It is advisable to replace the old skirting board with a new one. To do this, it must be torn off the surface..
2. If the surface of the old linoleum is flat, it is quite possible to lay the new coating on the old one. This will make the floor warmer and softer. If the old layer of linoleum needs to be taken, the base of the floor needs to be well leveled.
3. Next, you need to know the dimensions of the room. It will be good if you make a drawing on paper, where the door openings, radiators and heating pipes, as well as the length and width of the room, will be visible. This will facilitate the task of calculating the required number of meters when buying linoleum..
4. If you buy linoleum in a store, sales consultants will professionally help you in choosing a floor covering, and can also make cutting according to your individual dimensions..
5. The most common width of linoleum is 4, 3.5 and 2.5 meters. The best option would be to lay the flooring without seams, so try to get linoleum that can be laid in one piece..
6. Roll the purchased linoleum on the floor and cut off the extra centimeters. If you have several separate pieces, arrange them as needed. Leave the cover on for a few days to straighten out. Trim it if necessary (dimensions may increase).
7. Between the wall and the linoleum, it is necessary to leave 1 — 1.5 centimeters of a gap, then after installing the plinth, the linoleum will be perfectly flat. The gap will then be closed with a plinth.
8. If the linoleum will lie in one piece and the room is small (up to 20 m2), you can do without gluing the surfaces. The skirting board will perfectly press the linoleum. You can only glue at the doorstep.
If there are several pieces and the area of the room is large, you need to glue.
9. We spread the coating with glue with a special comb for linoleum. Taking your time, we press it well to the floor. It is more convenient to do it all together..
10. Install the skirting board.
If you are interested in cool music for your mobile, please visit the site where you can find useful information.