Business Process Management (BPM) is a specific approach to regulating automated and non-automated business processes. It consists in control at all stages of business development and is aimed at the stability and implementation of the strategic objectives of the enterprise.
Business process management examples are implemented through:
- information technologies;
BPM freely carries out two types of management activities: important and secondary business processes. Critical operations focus on core business activities such as development and sales.
Auxiliary processes consist in maintaining the main ones, that is, their maintenance: accounting, purchasing consumables or products, etc.
Implementation of the introduction of VRM into a modern enterprise takes place on the basis of appropriate software. This category of EP is called iBPMS (Intelligent Business Process Management Suites). Currently, you can find more than one variation of iBPMS on the market, even the products of Russian developers are presented.
Benefits of using business process management in activities
The introduction of VRM in a modern enterprise has a number of positive aspects:
- makes it efficient by automating typical workflows and optimizing complex ones. The system successfully reduces actions, throwing out unnecessary, lengthening the workflow, which contributes to increased productivity;
- gives flexibility, adjusting the company to changes that are constantly operating in the market. The system makes the company competitive by helping to overcome the difficulties of change;
- reduction of operating costs, which leads to the rational use of funds and optimization of processes;
- identification of issues that need to be addressed. The management team can view all the moments pulling the development of the company back and eliminate them in a timely manner;
- work for the result, as the team of employees performs a cycle of activities aimed at core activities, bypassing the optional ones;
- satisfaction with the work done. A well-established workflow does not raise unnecessary questions. The work is carried out on the merits, without distraction to optional activities.
When introducing a BPM system into production, you should remember that you need to constantly interact with it, optimize it so that the workflow goes uphill systematically.